1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound issue Z906 Speaker Set

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Loewkie, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loewkie

Loewkie Thread Starter

Hello Tech Guy Forums,

Today I have bought the Logitech Z906 speaker set and I'm having a small issue that I just can't resolve myself (not that familiar with audio). At this moment I have my laptop connected with the first input option (that's the 6-channel direct input, or input 1), I only use the green cable in both my laptop and speaker set as that should give me stereo sound and it works quite well. Now, for the tv I am using an optical fiber (Toslink, or input 3) and this works fine as well.

Now for the problem I'm experiencing: I sometimes want to connect my laptop to my tv through HDMI so I can use a second screen. But while the speaker set is able to play sound when both laptop and tv are separate (just using input 1 /or/ 3), as soon as I connect the two with an HDMI cable all sound is gone. A friend told me that for it to work I should also have my tv plugged in via input 1 so both laptop and tv are connected with the same input. But I don't know if this will work and neither do I know if it is true at all.

I know this is a long story but I'm hoping that this is a relatively easy to solve problem and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Kind regards,
    Luc

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You probably just need to set the playback device to the speakers you want to use as it's likely jumping to the HDMI for audio output when it's connected, since HDMI carries video and audio. In the Control Panel go to the Sound icon and on the Playback tab set the device you want to use.

3. Loewkie

Loewkie Thread Starter

I already tried that and it didn't quite work out, but now that I've reconnected my pc it's working just fine all of the sudden... Well, thank you anyway Triple6 :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice