1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by n8carmichael, Nov 9, 2019.

1. n8carmichael

n8carmichael Thread Starter

Okay so I have just a basic pc(Ryzen 2400g/MSI rx570/B450M PRO-VDH/16gb of ram/650 watt power supply/500gb ssd and hdd) And I updated my BIOS to the newest version of it from Click Bios 5 or something like that, whatever it came with around a year and a half ago. Before I updated it I was used to listening to sound from both my second screen tv speakers and my headset when Im gaming or something. Since I updated it I can't listen to anything on my tv speakers anymore/it doesn't even show the option to play through my main monitor even though it doesn't have speakers. I get video through the HDMI and it worked perfectly fine up until that point. I figure it's a BIOS issue since I updated my BIOS and the issue happened, but maybe someone has a better idea of what could be the issue without me having to downgrade the BIOS to an older version if I can... if not I guess I will keep using my headset, it's just nice to not have to wear it all the time

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Bios updates are not done to have the "Latest and greatest" bios; they are done when the update has a fix you need or support for hardware that you need. Due to the limited space on the bios chip, and the ever expanding number of processors it supports some items have to be removed. I would guess this is the issue however I never use msi boards so I am not familiar with the bios settings.
    If it were me, I would flash back to a bios that I knew worked. Note before doing any flashing of the bios, be sure you read and FULLY understand the flashing procedure. While a bios update is not difficult, an incorrect flash can render your board unbootable ie junk.

In order to flash to an earlier bios, you are probably not going to be able to use any windows based flashing program. You will have to use the utility that is built into the bios itself. On msi boards, I believe this is called Mflash however again, I never build with msi boards [unless forced to] so I really am not all that sure of the name.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235444

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice