1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dalis, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dalis

dalis Thread Starter

so my girlfriends parents just got a new computer and everything but the sound works great. its just on-board sound, but they don't need anything special.

I can't get any sound out of the speakers. I get the Error message "No Audio Device Installed" from a bubble in task tray. when i look at it in the device manager it says the sound device is installed and working properly and that the drivers are up to date (i tried uninstalling/reinstalling them).

All the volume setting/output settings are correct, nothing is muted etc. if anyone has any ideas let me know..

Its windows Vista pre-installed on a Compaq computer.

2. markomus

markomus

Check your speaker configuration on Vista. Reason: I sent a 2.1 system with my mom's computer to Colorado. The tech who hooked it up said 2.1 wasn't supported in Windows Vista :eek:

3. dalis

dalis Thread Starter

hmm, that seems like it would make sense since they have a 2.1 system. i'll be over there tomorrow to check it out.

in the mean time if anyone else has any suggestions of other possible causes please let me know so i can try all the possible solutions at once, instead of going back and forth.

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643478

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice