1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Keeps Stuttering

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by SuperStrongBad, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SuperStrongBad

SuperStrongBad Thread Starter

Hi there!

Im at my wits end with my sound problem on my new pc. Having just bought the new pc, i have found that performing any other task while listening to music causes the music to irregularily stutter or skip, like a scratch on a cd

It happens when using i.m. or a web browser, even when typing (in fact most frequently when typing)

I have tried upgrading both the audio drivers and video drivers. I use a memory optimiser program, and so i know that the free ram is almost never below 60%, so im farely certain RAM isnt the problem. The problem occurs on everything, from itunes and windows media player, to the audio from youtube videos.

Please help me solve my problem as its driving me crazy

Thanks in advance
    SuperStrongBad

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling you audio driver?

3. SuperStrongBad

Yeah. No luck im afraid :(

Any more ideas?

4. parasolution

parasolution

I think your computer may be underclocked, I sort of touched on this in your other thread, thats why I brought up the BIOS settings.

I would download CPU-Z and run the program to see what speed your processor is running at. From there you can determine if you system is set-up properly and it may help you determine your bottleneck in the system.

5. SuperStrongBad

Its not the problem sadly

I checked with cpu-z and the processor sp0eed mever goes over 2.19 ghz, which is where its supposed to be (2.2GHZ triple core processor)

Any other ideas?

6. parasolution

parasolution

Press control-alt-delete and check your processes to see if there is a process that is taking up a lot of CPU work. Just make sure you have your programs running when you experience this problem.

7. Plantsman

Plantsman

8. SuperStrongBad

Hi, thanks for the replies

Sadly the codecs have not sorted the problem either:(

Also, checking my CPU when programs are running isnt showing what is causing the problem. Just using both firefox and itunes (or any music player and any other program) seems to cause these problems)
    ...Any more ideas

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/818735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice