1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound keeps turning off

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Annette7, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

Hi I have Dell dimensions 8150. Operating system Windows Vista Home PremiumService Pack 2.
    Sound works ok when pc turned on at first then no sound at all. When I open up Volume mixer it looks OK. If I turn PC off then back on it comes on for a while then turns off. :(

2. pip22

pip22

When you lose sound, look in Device Manager for any error symbols (that means a device driver problem).
    If there are no errors there when the sound has gone, it's unlikely to be a driver problem.
    But if there is an error in there, re-installing the sound driver may fix it.
    Get the driver from the Dell website. Go here and enter your computer's service tag or use the model selector:
    http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

3. Annette7

Annette7 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.
    I looked in Device Manager and there are no error symbols.
    I tried to update the driver but I got message saying driver was up to date.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice