sound link query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

treads100

Using 'Serif PagePlus 10' I have created a simple 'site' to use for teaching purposes on our school intranet. The pages work fine except when I link a sound to a picture - once the picture is clicked on, the 'MusicMatch Jukebox' software loads and then plays the sound. Obviously, I just want the '.wav' file to play immediately. I guess I am doing something very basic wrong but would be grateful if someone could enlighten me!
Cheers

have you tried to link wav files to the windows media player. they may be allocated to music jukebox. try giving that a go

treads100

Thanks for reply. Now when I click on object with sound link in the browser, a box opens asking 'Do you want to save this file?' It also states that the 'file type' is unknown (it is definitely a 'wav' file). Any other suggestions, please.
Thank you.

treads100

Have now managed to get sound working, but when object linked to sound is clicked on, the windows 'sound recorder' box opens and you have to click 'play'. I want the sound to play immediately after the click.

Sound is tricky, not supported by every borwser the same way and the link will always prompt the user to open, or save it. (the only way it wont ask them is if they have specified to "always perform this action" in the media type when asked for the first time the link s clicked, but that is a user setting, not server side soy ou cant control that)

This can be accomplished with flash.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online