Sound & Mic Issues when Headphones are plugged in

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GersonGalicia

Type of Laptop: Inspiron 13 7368 2-in-1
Version of Windows: Windows 10

My laptop is fairly new, about 4 months old to be exact, but now apparently whenever I plug in my earbuds, I can still hear audio from my laptop, but after a while the volume begins to move by itself; I have no audio issues what so ever when I don't have headphones plugged in.

On top of this, before when I wanted to use skype or discord to talk with friends, I didn't need to manually set up my microphone, but now with these sound issues, I am having to go to Cortona and type in "Set Up A Microphone" to set it up manually, and EVEN then after a while when I would be in a game or on skype, my volume would begin moving by itself again and my PC would mute my microphone by itself as well and I don't even press the mute button on that application. Then if I want to use my microphone again, I have to restart my PC multiple times because when I set up my mic, I just hear a snowstorm-like sound when I hear what the mic sounds like.

I have tried EVERY possible solution I can find; I have updated the sound drivers, I have uninstalled the drivers and had them reinstall on their own after restarting the PC, and I have tried using a different set of earbuds to see if it would change.

THE PROBLEM IS ONLY WHEN I HAVE ANY TYPE OF HEADPHONES IN

Someone please help me with this issue because it is a real pain and I just want to go back to playing games with my friends like before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online