1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound/Microphone Issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nioin3k, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nioin3k

nioin3k Thread Starter

Issue: Sound recording programs which I want set to microphone record wave instead.
    An example is windows Sound Recorder. I'd like it to record my microphone input instead of wave files played on my computer.

My Motherboard: EVGA 680i
    Operating System: Windows XP

I believe my microphone was working fine until I tried to turn it up and I must have messed with some settings.

Thanks in advanced, any help is appreciated, don't hesitate to ask questions.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

GO to Control Panel then click on Sound Devices and in the new window click on the Voice tab and then test hardware

Also while your in there check the Volume button and makesure the Microphone is ticked. see that your

3. nioin3k

nioin3k Thread Starter

Bars only go up when I play audio on my computer.

[​IMG]

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Unplug your Microphone and then plug it back in and make sure its in the correct socket.sometimes PINK

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!