1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Mixer Not Responding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Terryw92, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terryw92

Terryw92 Thread Starter

This has only started happening recently but the problems seems to be happening every time now.
    After playing a game (Payday 2) and closing it i open HWMonitor to check temperature's. This is when i notice no volume, i check the volume icon and change it then it comes up not responding and the volume wont come back until the machine is restarted. I use headphones which i plug into the front of the machine,at this point i unplug them and the volume recognises its meant to use the monitor it still freeze's also on shutdown i have to force shut down as the logout sound trys to play and doesn't.

Dont know if related but during this time when the volume isn't working the cpu usage is stuck at 18% and wont go lower and on hwmonitor the RPM for 1 of the fans are accurate.(before it jumps from 0 RPM to 665500 RPM)

This is my computer - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/wLFLbv
    Any help would be appreciated as restarting my computer after closing a game isn't practical.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, there are two different versions of your mb; ver1 and ver2. Each one has a different sound chip; ie ver1 uses via sound and ver2 uses realtek sound. Which one do you have?

Next for ver1, it looks like there were/are problems with the sound. In the notes for the sound driver, it says you must reflash the bios prior to installing the sound driver. This is most likely why the change to realtek sound in ver2.

FWIW if you have ver1 of that mb, I would purchase a real sound card. Anything via ever made was/is very low quality.

3. vembutech

vembutech Banned

May be first check with the latest drivers or I would suggest you to run audio troubleshooter and check it helps in fixing the issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144481

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice