1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Mixer

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Shaggy_, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaggy_

Shaggy_ Thread Starter

So heres what i want to do...
    I have a mic input port on my laptop along with my webcam which has a microphone built into it (logitech quickcam pro 9000) and also windows XP SP2 pro
    What i want to do is to take the audio feed from the webcam and the audio feed from the mic input and merge them into 1 feed for recording, so basically i will need a virtual input to which i can put both these inputs to...

ex: (other situation with video) I have 2 video feeds go into my laptop... a capture card and my webcam... im able to pop them into this program called WebcamMax and it will output a third video feed called WebcamMaxVideoFeed which will contain my webcam and any special effects i want (such as putting in the feed from my capture card in the corner) so if i want to show people on msn my webcam along with something im capturing i am able to select the webcamMax feed and they can see whatever feeds i want to show them at the same time...

I want to do this exact same scenario but with audio...

Inquiry: Does anyone know of any software out there that will do this?

One last thought:
    Windows XP and my audio drivers on my laptop (RealTek) already seem to do this but only with the audio lines that my soundcard originally had equiped on the laptop (Front micJak, built in Mic and Stereo Mix) if i plug in my webcam, it will know theres another microphone there (i can select it from my microphone list on msn messenger and any other program with simmilar tasks) but it will now show up in the windows audio mixer.

Inquiry: Is there a way to add it to this mixer?

Conclusion:
    Thank you for all of your help in advance and if this is as clear as mud i will post some screenshots ASAP when i get home...

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Click file/properties in the volume control and select microphone.
    The click file advanced.
    That should select and show it in volume control.

Sorry,don't know about the software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/728184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice