1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Mixer??

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fabian.rap.more, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fabian.rap.more

fabian.rap.more Thread Starter

My friend bought a Compaq Presario 3430 IL and it came preloaded with Vista so I helped him downgrade to XP because Vista got infected with viruses and he wanted to ditch it. Everything but the sound card worked so I got him the drivers for the ALC 662 chipset and now when he tries a soundtest from control panel it works but when he tries playing any games, music etc it says that the mixer is not installed

Link to the specs >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01470739&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=in&product=3747172

What do I do now?? I got the drivers from some driver site and cant remember it. Where do I get this 'mixer' from??

2. fabian.rap.more

fabian.rap.more Thread Starter

3. JPLamb

JPLamb

have you tried to uninstall the drivers fior the sound, then restart the computer abd open device manager, in there find the sound device ( should have a '?' next to it) right click and press update driver.

this way windows should find the best driver.

James

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    This is the current Realtek High Definition Audio driver that you need for XP:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_High_Definition_Audio_for_2KXP03_d4902.html

It has to be installed twice and will advise you of that. The first time it installs, it removes the current dirver. The second time it installs, it installs the new driver. You then go into the sound manager applet in the control panel and select your settings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

If your friend infected his computer with viruses while using Vista, he'll likely infect again while using XP. Unsafe and bad browsing habits is what gets a user into trouble, and not what operating system is being used.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!