1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound/mouse and general instability problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by AidenC, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AidenC

AidenC Thread Starter

Hi all

I started having problems a couple of weeks ago, one day i tried to power up my pc to no avail, screen was constantly blank, there was power to the motherboard and the fans all came on ok, i eventually got it powered up by removing all the usb connections and it came back to life (only mouse and keyboard usb connections). Since that day its always hit and miss whether its going to power up or not. Also when the PC is up and running the mouse can go all jittery and have mini freezes, also the sound can also get jittery and have mini skips. I have tried removing all files i do not need, refragged, antivirus scan etc. If any one is able to offer some advice on how i would find the problem it would be much appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4093 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 381551 MB, Free - 147533 MB; D: Total - 152624 MB, Free - 123402 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-E SLI, 1.XX , 123456789000
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

Thanks in advance

Aiden

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice