1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound not coming, plz help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alto, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alto

alto Thread Starter

I am having a problem in sound in my machine. Suddenly the sound is not coming out. I installed the driver, then the system will obviously restart and I can hear the windows logging off sound. But after restarting the sound again is not coming. I tried the process at least three times, but nothing. Then I disabled and then re enabled the sound device and it is working again. After restarting again the sound is not coming out. There is no problem with the sound boxes because I checked it. Please help me...
    my machine config is,
    P4 1.7 GHz
    845GLAD Intel MOBO
    384MB DDR RAM(256+128)
    No external sound card installed.
    Sigma Tel audio inbuilt with mobo.

2. jazz3000

jazz3000

Have you gone to the motherboard's manufacturer's website and checked to see if they have an updated audio driver or drivers that might work with your OS system? Jazz
    Do you have audio enabled in the bios?

3. alto

alto Thread Starter

@jazz3000, I have windows XPsp2 that I have been using for more than 3 years (approx). There was not any problem anywhere. I am sure also that the hardware is alright because, after trying some that I have written above I can hear sound. But the problem occurs after restarting.

4. jazz3000

jazz3000

Well the only thing I can think of at this point is you might be running an application for audio within the software that's vying for default positioning. When you go into your sound under control panel is the chipset you upload the default program? Jazz

5. alto

alto Thread Starter

@jazz3000, one thing I noticed that I use multimedia keyboard so there are keys for volume up and volume down, these keys are not working also. The volume bar is not showing also. All other keys are working properly. I think some settings have been changed. But I can't find out. Plz help.

Note: I scanned for virus and for malwares, nothing found.

6. jazz3000

jazz3000

If settings have changed you have to find the defaults for the sound system and reset it. Does the keyboard have a default setting on it under it's program software? Jazz ( You can always remove and reinstall the keyboard software) Jazz
    Quest: You haven't been downloading music from places like Limewire?

7. alto

alto Thread Starter

Please help, anyone. A lot of thanks in advance....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice