Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound not coming (Windows 7)

597 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
Hi I have HP PC with WIndows 7 Professional loaded on it.

But sound is not coming from the sound port on which I have attached external speaker.

There are 2 ports (Mike and Speaker) in front and 2 at rear side of the system.

Pls help as what can I do to check if the Hardware (Ports) are working fine and if the hardware is working fine then which is the appropriate sound driver for the same.

#2 ·
One thing you can do is post the exact brand and model# This is so someone could locate drivers.
I assume you have checked that your speakers do in fact work ie you tried them on another system, the output is not muted, sound is not disabled in the bios, and other basic checks.
Pls help as what can I do to check if the Hardware (Ports) are working fine
A very quick and easy method of testing your hardware would be to boot the system with a linux live usb. If the sound works under linux, the hardware is ok. If it does not work, then the hardware has failed. Use either linux Mint or Ubuntu for this task.

#5 ·
First you need to verify that you have in fact done the other troubleshooting ie sound is not muted, audio is not disabled in the bios, and the correct audio device is selected for use.

How to boot the system with a linux live usb;
1 Go to the site of whatever distro you want to use ie Mint, Ubuntu, whatever
2 Download the ISO file. If there are specific instructions on that site, follow those
3 Use rufus Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way to create the bootable usb from the ISO file
4 Once the usb is done, put the usb in a usb port and restart. Use either the quick boot menu OR enter the bios and set the usb as the first boot device. Save settings and restart

#4 · (Edited)
I have HP PC with WIndows 7 Professional loaded on it
Model is HP - HSTNC-014P-SF
You appear to actually have a HP Compaq dc5700 Small Form Factor PC which has integrated Realtek ALC260 high definition audio and was designed for Windows 2000 and XP and Vista.
Is that correct?

What is the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on your HP?
What is the exact Windows version on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?

Is this the same computer in your other thread?

------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.