1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Not Loud enough

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rackmm, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rackmm

rackmm Thread Starter

Recently purchased a new system and ran Aida32 to check it out. I installed the codec from the manufacturer's website (Sis.com) and i have an SiS 7012 Audio device. Problem is, the sound is pathetically low, even when i have the volume to the maximum. Please help, ive downloaded other codecs and drivers and nothing, plus the website wont even help... What can i do? This is so frustrating. Thanks

Also, I tried my speakers on another pc and they worked fine. :(

Randy

2. Sponsor

3. Arcadion

Arcadion

Are your speakers amplified (i.e. do they require external power)? If they came with an older HP computer, for example, they won't be. You need amplified speakers for a new computer.

4. rackmm

rackmm Thread Starter

Yes they came along with my old HP computer and they do not need extra power. My audio codec and device is working properly, so what should i do?

randy

5. Arcadion

Arcadion

Buy new speakers, there's nothing else you can do.

6. rackmm

rackmm Thread Starter

Okay, I'll trust you guys with this one, besides, no loss no gain, right? Thanks a lot.

Randy

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/380377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice