1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound not working after BSoD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Twistytie, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twistytie

Twistytie Thread Starter

I got a new Lenovo Flex 4 2-in-1 laptop with Windows 10 a few days ago and it has worked great until today when I was watching a video and randomly everything froze. I tried opening task manager and pressing the power button and neither worked. After about a minute it showed the "sad face" screen and restarted. Now everything works fine except when I try to play audio, whether through speakers or headphones, it pops when starting and doesn't make any sound. When I listen through headphones, a distorted humming noise happens when I try to play sound. The noise only happens when I am using headphones and am trying to play sound. I updated the sound drivers but it didn't change anything. I use this computer to produce music so it would be very helpful if someone could fix this problem; otherwise I will have to return it. Thanks

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What is the audio chipset status in Device Manager?

As it's new, I would exchange it. Humming is typically the sign of a hardware fault, not a software or driver issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1189289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice