1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound on computer doesn't work?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SteveR91, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveR91

SteveR91 Thread Starter

I took my computer in to be fixed. Turns out it was a power supply failure or something. I took my computer home and it booted up just fine. Now, when I went to turn on music or whatever, the sound didn't come on. I made sure that it wasn't muted, that all the volume was max, etc, etc. But then, I noticed that the sound device was "Digital Output Device (HDMI)". My computer previously ran off of something along the lines of "Realtek Audio" or something like that. But it's not there. I went to the control panel --> to the sounds and I right clicked the HDMI device and clicked to show disabled devices etc etc, but it wasn't there.
    I'm running Vista 32-bit if that helps. Any help is appreciated.

It's a HP Pavillion a1720n

I wanna see if I can solve the problem here before I have to take it back.

2. Hughv

Hughv

Look for yellow entries in Device Manager under "Sound, Video, etc.
    You may need to to reinstall the driver.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/903276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice