1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound only comes out of 1 headphone (the right one)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by yemDX, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yemDX

yemDX Thread Starter

I'm having trouble with my headphones. They will only play out of one ear, the right one. I have the settings to Stereo Headphones. I've unplugged the speakers that I was using, because they did the same thing and I just figured it was wiring problems.

I don't know the model/type of my headphones, and I've searched for hours trying to figure it out, but I couldn't. Any possible solutions? This is really annoying.

Windows XP
    Dell OPTIPLEX GX260

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Have you double checked your sound mixer control panel settings to make sure the balance control is not set to full right channel only? If it is centered then you may have a possibility of an internal hardware failure in the computer for the left channel.

3. yemDX

yemDX Thread Starter

Yes, I have double checked. If this is internal, will I have to spend any money to fix this problem?

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    One last free thing that I can think to try would be to re-install the sound controller drivers. Beyond that, it may be cheaper to purchase and install a sound card than to pay someone to troubleshoot and repair an internal hardware problem. You may want to wait a couple of days to see if anyone else here has any suggestions for a free or low cost solution.

5. yemDX

yemDX Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, I will try this.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/881521

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice