1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Oscillates Randomly

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dcbell, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dcbell

dcbell Thread Starter

Every once in a while, the volume on my mp3s goes up and down quickly. It is not an issue with an individual mp3 file. I have replaced the sound card, but the new one is also starting to do it. The original, a Soundblaster Live card, got to the point where I couldn't listen to anything without eventually waking people up. The Audigy 2 card isn't as bad, yet. I am using a new harddrive and am still having issues (both cards ran on XPpro). The programs in question are Windows Media Player and Winamp.

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Have you isolated it to a few or all?

Make some new mp3's and use only those for awhile. What encoder are you using to make your mp3's?

3. dcbell

dcbell Thread Starter

I'm using Windows Media Player to encode the files, but the volume changes don't happen regularly with specific mp3s. Every file was terrible with the old card, but it only happens once in a while with the new card.

4. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Well maybe the problem lies there, with WMP, as you've replaced your SC.

Try another encoder and see if your problem goes away, if it does then WMP may be the problem.

Get CDex, choose LAME in configuration, and rip a few fresh as a test.

Get the 1.51 version as some have reported a few bugs with the latest.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/download.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice