Solved Sound output not being detected

Tiger692

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20201001145859.000000-300
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics, AMD64 Family 23 Model 24 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics
Hard Drives: C: 110 GB (50 GB Free); D: 763 GB (674 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

When I plug in my speakers it says that its not plugged in regardless if I plug them into the back or the front of the pc, default shows up as monitor for sound. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, making sure windows audio services and windows audio endpoint builder services were enabled. I've tried troubleshooting and just get back its not plugged in even though it is. speakers work perfectly fine as I tested them with my phone and it plays.

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Have you tried using these speakers on a different computer?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
Unknown variable is where did you get drivers from and what version?

Please follow below steps to generate system information file, it is needed to see driver details.

1. Click on Windows button
2. Type msinfo32 on your kyeboard
3. Right click on "System Information" and Run as Administrator
4. If asked for password enter your password and click OK
5. Click on: File -> Save...
6. Save the file to your desktop or to C:\ drive directly
8. Zip up the file and attach to your reply

For more information about msinfo32 tool see below link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...of-microsoft-system-information-msinfo32-tool

Another possible issue could be malfunctioning audio connectors on motherboard, but you said:
regardless if I plug them into the back or the front of the pc
So there must be something wrong with either drivers or Windows.
Your windows version is 1903 which is out of date, new up to date drivers might now work properly.

Tiger692

I think I did this correctly
Unknown variable is where did you get drivers from and what version?

Please follow below steps to generate system information file, it is needed to see driver details.

1. Click on Windows button
2. Type msinfo32 on your kyeboard
3. Right click on "System Information" and Run as Administrator
4. If asked for password enter your password and click OK
5. Click on: File -> Save...
6. Save the file to your desktop or to C:\ drive directly
8. Zip up the file and attach to your reply

For more information about msinfo32 tool see below link:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...of-microsoft-system-information-msinfo32-tool

Another possible issue could be malfunctioning audio connectors on motherboard, but you said:

So there must be something wrong with either drivers or Windows.
Your windows version is 1903 which is out of date, new up to date drivers might now work properly.

Attachments

The problem from screenshot is with "Realtek speakers"

There are 2 locations to download driver, one from ASCROCK site and one from realtek site.
It looks like your driver is ahead of both (from Windows update) or the one from asrock site.

But your system might not be ready for such up to date driver.

Either upgrade system to at least v1909 or downgrade driver from either ascrock (year 2019) or realtek (year 2017) site.

Is there any issue upgrading system? that should be your preferred option if possible.
In any case it's not guaranteed fix but it might work.

Tiger692

The problem from screenshot is with "Realtek speakers"

There are 2 locations to download driver, one from ASCROCK site and one from realtek site.
It looks like your driver is ahead of both (from Windows update) or the one from asrock site.

But your system might not be ready for such up to date driver.

Either upgrade system to at least v1909 or downgrade driver from either ascrock (year 2019) or realtek (year 2017) site.

Is there any issue upgrading system? that should be your preferred option if possible.
In any case it's not guaranteed fix but it might work.
I tried updating my system but it says its as up to date as i can be, i downgraded the asrock to 2019 but that didnt work and then same for the realtek but nothing.

Ascrock site says you need to download their application from MS store, you could use it to test sound among other things.
It could bring some changes.

You didn't answer, why don't you upgrade system?
Open Windows update and start upgrade if available.

Tiger692

Ascrock site says you need to download their application from MS store, you could use it to test sound among other things.
It could bring some changes.

You didn't answer, why don't you upgrade system?
Open Windows update and start upgrade if available.
it says I am up to date every time I press check for updates. Just found the app checking it out now

Attachments

Last edited:

Tiger692

Had to buy a usb sound card and that worked. Friend told me that this is a known problem with the ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming motherboard.

plodr

Liz
Thanks for posting your solution.
What USB sound card are you using so anyone else with an ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming motherboard might see the fix?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online