Solved Sound output problem on Samsung LED TV

kerawl

Keith
I earlier connected the TV sound output from my TV to my stereo for hi-fi sound. This TV has an output for a small stereo jack and at the stereo end uses white and red RCA jacks for the stereo input for hi-fi sound. Lately though, the sound (from the Audio Out on the TV) started to distort and play at a very low volume. It was working fine before this. I have traced the problem to the output port (Audio Out) on my TV. Any recommendations to fix this? Short of opening up the entire back panel of the TV? I attach the TV and stereo manuals to hopefully speed things up. Thanks!

Attachments

Try using a different RCA cable. Sometimes the cobles or ends go bad.

What is the make/model of stereo? What and how many ports does it have?

kerawl

Keith
Thanks for the reply bassfisher6522.

I tried other cables. All my cables are OK and work on other devices in all the stereo's inputs.

I had attached in my original thread two manuals: one for my TV and one for my stereo, but anyway the stereo is a JVC RX-60210VBK. See the JVC manual starting with page 5 for all the ports. Note these ports all work for my DVD player and turntable -- they are all fine too.

Can't say it is a fix but I have a Samsung TV which sometimes does not have sound. I understand this is not exactly your issue but I bring it up because could be related or have the same temporary solution. Sound loss happens for me when OTA channel surfing or switching between inputs from the internal OTA receiver, DVD and HDMI. Video is fine, only audio is lost and if on OTA happens only on some channels at a time when it does happen. I recall reading someplace this is an issue on some Samsung models but can't recall where I read that. My solution is, when audio is lost either power cycle the TV or switch inputs (via the remote ... not physically switching) to another source then back to what you wanted and it works until next time and the next time appears "random". The audio always comes back after I do this switching, it is annoying but so far seems to work for my situation. Good luck. All of this technology is very fragile.

kerawl

Keith
Thanks, mole! Actually, this sounds very much like my issue. Like you mention, this sound problem crops up randomly. For instance, when it first occurred, I gave up using the stereo for TV sound, but, months later, when I went back and tried it again, all was fine. But then later it failed again. And I DO often switch inputs from TV, to DVD, to HDMI, to USB stick, and back again. I will try your solution and get back to you. Thanks again!

kerawl

Keith
I'm at the point that my stereo now works fine using the sound output port on the TV. Next, I will wait for the sound to "fail" then will try your fixes. I am optimistic that it will work out. I'll keep you posted.

kerawl

Keith
I'm adding another comment in order to keep this thread open. TechSupportGuy told me posts automatically expire and get locked if there's no activity for 2 weeks.

My TV sound problem has not re-occurred so far so I can't try mole's fix as yet. The sound is working fine at the moment.

kerawl

Keith
I'm posting another comment in order to keep this thread open for another two weeks. The problem has not reoccurred so I can't test mole's fix as yet. I am confident it will work, though.

To mole: "Who is John Galt?" indeed! 👍

Last edited:

kerawl

Keith
Well, I guess I'll close this thread now. Nothing new to report. The problem has not reocurred yet. If it does I'll try the fix. Thanks all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online