1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Output Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mcleod100, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcleod100

mcleod100 Thread Starter

i have two laptops connected through a mixer to a couple of speakers. i also have a digital projector connected. the sound from one of my laptops is distorted when i play mp3 music. also when i am using mains power on the same laptop there is background interference. ( i know, what a problem to have).
    can anyone help.
    thanks
    tom

2. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

Swap ports with your laptops. Take the one that's having trouble and plug it in the one that's not and see if it changes anythink.

Pull the plug in and out of the mixer a couple of times and see if that might also fix it.

I have had occasion where the connection wasn't "seated" properly or wasn't making contact all the way.

3. mcleod100

mcleod100 Thread Starter

hey thanks for a speedy reply.
    did you mean swap the sound leads to change the channels

4. Memory_Loss

Memory_Loss

How big of a mixer do you have? If you have more than a couple inputs on it, try one of the others (just to see if it works kind of thing).

5. mcleod100

mcleod100 Thread Starter

i switched over the laptop channels and it didnt fix it. i have a 10 channel mixer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/178447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice