sound problem Grrr

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nautica

Hi everyone

I have an unusual (to me) situation that no one can help me with. My sound disables itself after I start surfing. Doesn't matter which site I visit - the sound disappears. I have to completely shut down and start up again to get my sound back. Can anyone tell me where to look to fix this? It's making me crazy! It did it before I installed a firewall and it's still doing it. Any help will be HUGELY appreciated.
/n

Are you able to go into programs, accessories --> Entertainment --> Volume Control? Check that to see if it is muted or anything.

-Jarrad

nautica

Hi jarrad

Thanks - yes all areas are fine with nothing muted. You know it works fine say for instance if I were playing a game on line and didn't leave the site I would have sound for hours, or playing the radio, but the minute I go to another sight - it's gone.
My service provider told me it may be an inherent system conflict with microsoft. I'm using 2000. It's just so strange.

I believe there's an update to I.E to address a sound issue (memory slowly failing!) so you might want to go to the windows update site and install that and any other critical update to see if that will solve your problem.

You might want to update your sound card driver as well... if you're not sure how, post back and Either I or someone else will give you a hand. (but post with the brand and model of your sound card!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online