1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound problem: Mic sound only coming out of one speaker

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tim Redfern, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Redfern

Tim Redfern Thread Starter

Hey,

If this is the wrong forum for this question then I apologize in advance.

I'm having some problems when I try to record music.

I have my microphone plugged in, but whenever I sing/play into the microphone, the sound only comes out from the right speaker. Therefore, when I mix my songs using my software, the sound is still only coming out of the right speaker, which is very frustrating. This also means that if I listen to my songs on my iPod, the music is only coming out of the right headphone.

If I listen to songs from CDs or whatever, or just any other sound on the computer, the sound is coming out of both speakers simultaneously as is normal. I only have problems when I am using my microphone.

I am using Windows XP (2002 Home Edition) and Realtek HD Audio Manager. My speakers are ViewSonic Speakers, which entails a subwoofer and two smaller speakers (the left and right ones). I plug my microphone into the blue 'Line In' port at the back of my computer rather than the pink 'Microphone' port, because this is what works best for the recording/mixing software I am using, but even when it is plugged into the 'Microphone' port I have the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much,

Tim.

2. lefty1953

lefty1953

Either the Microphone cable is not plugged in correct.Try not to plug it in all the way/or push it in further. Sometimes you have to play around with it to get them to work. Or you might have the balance on the microphone on one side which is a setting in the Sound Icon. Double click on The Icon and then options and then on Properties. Make sure There is a check mark next to Microphone and then click OK. You should see the Microphone settings on the screen and make sure the balance is in the middle. If none of this works you might need a new Microphone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594344

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice