1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound problem on DVD player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Deb4, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb4

Deb4 Thread Starter

Greetings:

I have a P-4 2.4 GH Intel Machine running on Windows Xp with a Sony DVD DDU 1621. When I first used the DVD to watch a movie, the sound was wonderful. After two uses, the sound was garbled and there was a great deal of noise in the background. After installing a new DVD drive (MSICDMI 8216), it also worked fine until watching two more dvd's. I got the same sound problem. I reinstalled the Sony and it worked until I paused and fast forwarded a dvd and then the same thing of lousy sound, background noise comes back.

The sound was fantastic until I had to take a phone call and I paused the dvd and fast forwarded. I can not use a music CD in this drive. I have the same problem.

If I put the music CD in a diifferent drive and play it, there are no problems. Also my music is fine when i play it when stored on the hard drive.

Anyone know what is going on here? Is this some software problem or is it something else. It does not matter if I use a brand new dvd or one that comes from a rental place.

Help.

Thanks.

Deb4

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274707

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice