1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound problem, please help anyone !! :D

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SpartanDoom, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SpartanDoom

SpartanDoom Thread Starter

Hi all there.. ..I'm having quite an problem for some days now ...I've got a new desktop. ..An MSI Amethyst-M motherboard...1 Gb ram....an Nvidia 6200 Turbocache 256 Mb (quite old I know ;)).a Realtek Alc 658-C onboard audio ..and a Sound Blaster Audigy SE.(here is where the problems start:mad::mad:)...the pc works fine:D...no probs but I don't have any sound..or sound button anywhere...the device manager won't see any of the audios ...I've tried downloading serval drivers for both of them....I even turned off the onboard audio in BIOS....and still nothing...NO AUDIO.:confused:.NO NOTHING:confused:....the drivers are just getting installed..but they don't seem to work....also when I was looking for a driver for the Sound Blaster I found no driver for Win Xp..only vista or higher.... ...well I don't wanna purchase Vista or Win 7..OR Win 8..I've only got Xp....any help anyone...I'm quite a gamer...but I can't play any without the sound.also..I'm looking for a solution that doesn't cost:eek:..Thx in advance (y)(y)

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. SpartanDoom

Sorry but it didn't work...it just pointed me to the support page...and there I didn't find anything that could help me there..thx anyway :D

4. Dougx789

Dougx789

Go to http://support.creative.com/downloads/welcome.aspx?nDriverType=1#type_1 check that's the correct sound card you have and download the bottom driver (if you click on show details it states it works with windows xp).
    Turn on-board audio off in the bios, disconnect from the internet, uninstall all sound drivers and reboot.
    Install the driver you downloaded and reboot.

That should do it.

5. SpartanDoom

Thx ''dawg'' :D:D...don't it take as an insult..this is how I like to call people who I consider to be friends :cool:..I shall try this tonight (GMT +2 timezone :) )...and I'll tell you if it works :D...I get a good feeling that it'll work :D

6. SpartanDoom

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it didn't work...it said that I can't run it under my OS...or something very simillar to that :((

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  8. SpartanDoom

Hey..thx for the thing :D....but I'm not sure about what to do with it...I exctracted the files..and I got some files..but no .exe-s....no thing I can run....what to do with the files ? :D

9. Lucky09

Lucky09

Hi Guys,

Just my 2 cents here. The hardware must be detected for the driver to install correctly. Even though the drivers are not installed, the sound card should appear at least as "unknown device" in device manager whether or not it is an onboard or add-in card. if it's onboard that you are trying to use, reset BIOS, double check if the onboard audio is enabled just like what you did and see if it will be recognized on device manager. IF still not, you may want to update your BIOS. you can also try a USB sound card if you have one just for the sake of isolating the problem.

10. SpartanDoom

Well...the sound card isn't detected...not even as ''unknown device''...my onboard sound is disabled in bios...I'm trying to get the PCI sound card to work...thx for trying to help :D

11. Lucky09

Lucky09

Welcome. As long as your PCI card will be detected then driver installation won't be a big problem. Good luck...

12. SpartanDoom

Well I don't know how to make my PC detect it...XD....thx for the wishes

13. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  14. SpartanDoom

Ok..thx for the instructions....but there is a problem,,,I am stuck at steps 17 : ''If the driver for the hardware has not been tested for Windows XP then you will get a message 'The driver is not digitally signed' - advising that the software has not passed Windows logo testing for Windows XP. If you wish to continue with the install, click on Next.'' and 18 :''You should now have the exact device you want to install displayed on the screen (or a small selection of similar devices. If so, choose the appropriate device). Click Next.'' I don't get any of this...I think I'mma quit the sound card...anyone got a solution to help me to make my Alc 658-C Realtek audio to work??..note it isn't shown in the device manager :D

15. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I've been thinking about this and Lucky09 is right, the sound card should show up in Device Manager somewhere.

I suggest you take the sound card out and re-enable the Realtek onboard sound in the Bios then see what shows in Device Manager.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice