1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wallie32, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wallie32

wallie32 Thread Starter

After moving a Windows ME computer system to a different room I found there was no sound.
    It is an Onboard sound system.
    All connections checked o/k speakers connected to Line Out etc.,
    Upon going into Device Manager then into Sound Video and Game Controllers I noticed there was no Sound device listed.
    I would like to know where to go from here.
    I have tried the speakers on another system and they are o/k.
    Also if I plug the speakers into the Line out socket when the computer is on there is a loud click.
    Thanks
    wallie

2. Moby

Moby

Don't know how they disappeared but have you tried re-installing the sound device drivers? They'd be on one of the original cd's you got with the computer or you could download them if you know what the sound device was.
    What does it say in control panel, sounds and multi media, audio tab, sound playback, prefered device?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice