1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound problems on a compaq 1255 presario notebook computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jediliz, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

I'm having sound problems on my old Compaq Presario 1255 laptop computer. A friend had sent a music file over AIM for me to listen to and I was trying to listen to it, but all I got was static.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? I'll go turn that computer on so I can use it via my networking setup and then I can try any fixes or ideas you can give me. I tried looking for a new integrated sound driver, but so far no luck.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!

2. tdi_veedub

tdi_veedub

Do you get this static sound all the time? or just with that one file? What type of file is it?

3. jediliz

jediliz Thread Starter

I'll have to check on that and get back to you in awhile. The notebook computer is not turned on at the moment.

edit: Its a windows media file. I upgraded to a newer version, but I still get static. So, I decided to test my computer's system sounds. After trying to test "asterik", I got a popup window saying that the file could not be played because it was corrupted or something.

edit #2: well,I got the song file to work finally by getting some audio drivers, but the windows sounds still don't work and I can't use my sound recorder.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/205583

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice