Sound problems Philips 55PFL5402/F7

renegade600

I have the Philips 55" Class 4K Smart LED TV 55PFL5402/F7. I am a cord cutter so I had a computer connected to the tv from day one. Since I got it, I need to just about max out the sound on the computer and in the stream in order to hear it. I thought it was because I had a cheap computer connected by hdmi to it. But, last week I got a polk soundbar, connected via digital audio and it was the same even though I disable the tv's sound in the tv settings. Today added a firetv 4k stick and it is the same.

All of this tells me, that it is not the connected devices that is causing the sound issues, it is something in the tv. I went through all the settings in the tv and just cannot find anything that could help. Any suggestions as to what I might be missing?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does the Polk soundbar have HDMI in/out? If you run the Firestick into the soundbar input, then the soundbar output to the TV, that would eliminate the TV from the sound equation.

renegade600

The port on the soundbar is arc. Plugging in the firestick does not do a thing. I did try using arc but it made no difference with the sound. I am not using arc since I need the port for another device.

Just to note, the polk react sound bar has a build in echo device. there is no problems with the alexa sound other than it is quite loud because of having to turn the soundbar up in order to hear sound on the other devices playing through the tv. Also as mentioned in the first post, the sound was bad before the soundbar was added. I did forget to mention, I also have a dvd player connected to the tv and the sound is bad from it too. so every device that plays through the tv has bad sound

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
How about with an antenna on the TV? Just the TV itself. Does the TV itself still sound bad? Note that TVs are notorious for not good sound.

renegade600

no antenna on tv. I do not watch tv or cable, just stream everything. However, when I used to use the smart portion of the tv, the sound was okay. Just a problem with everything connected to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online