1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mastercwc, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mastercwc

mastercwc Thread Starter

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57, AMD64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2302 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 81212 MB, Free - 42777 MB; D: Total - 71311 MB, Free - 70869 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Fuquene
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

everytime i restart i loose my sound driver u restart and it comes back only some times been have problem for about couple months cant figure it out any help will do ty :mad:

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

In device manager when the sound disappears check to see if next to the audio driver if there's a black exclamation mark on yellow triangle or red X next to it.
    First thing I'd try is uninstalling the driver from safe mode restarting then search for new hardware and reinstall the audio driver. Also see if you can find the last sound driver update, download it to your desktop and install it from safe mode.
    If it continues after that, then something is breaking the driver, so think back to when this problem started and see if you installed anything that might be causing this also try a system restore dating back before this started.

It could also be a malware issue...Let me know if any of those solutions work.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Uninstalling the driver and right-clicking to update the driver are good ideas. There is no reason it needs to be done in Safe Mode.

4. mastercwc

mastercwc Thread Starter

there is a red x and i tryed that and it still not working there is no audio showing up in the device manager ???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029086

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice