1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rhythm Link, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhythm Link

Rhythm Link Thread Starter

Hi guys yet again, sick of the sight of my name, sorry.

Yesterday and today, just out of the blue, I can't use paltalk. Something to do with the sound set up. I run windows 98. The messages I'm getting are:

"the audio waveform devise can't record in the required format"

then if I proceed, I get this message:

"MMSYSTEM007 there is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more programs then try again."

Which is interesting because I have 57% of my memory free. Everything else seems to be working fine and paltalk was until yesterday.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do?? Any help appreciated, as always.

Karen
    Rhythm Link

2. Chum

Chum

Do you mean "system resources 57% free"...if so that is pretty low...what do you have running in the background...you should have at least 70% IMHO.

3. Rhythm Link

Rhythm Link Thread Starter

Hi Chum, thanks for that yeah, I just checked again and it is 70%. There is absolutely nothing running in the background. When I try paltalk now, I get a message saying:
    "MMSYSTEM004 already in use" nothing is in use, still getting the audio waveform device message too. I just can't work it out, although I have noticed that my mixer is missing, any bearing do you think? This is driving me crazy. lol.
    Karen
    Rhythm Link

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice