1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Rhythm Link, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rhythm Link

Rhythm Link Thread Starter

Hi guys yet again, sick of the sight of my name, sorry.

Yesterday and today, just out of the blue, I can't use paltalk. Something to do with the sound set up. I run windows 98. The messages I'm getting are:

"the audio waveform devise can't record in the required format"

or

MMSYSTEM004 Already in Use

then if I proceed, I get this message:

"MMSYSTEM007 there is not enough memory available for this task. Quit one or more programs then try again."

Which is interesting because I have 75% of my memory free. Now I have no sound at all, nothing. Everything else seems to be working fine and all of this started out of the blue yesterday.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do?? Any help appreciated, as always.

Karen
    Rhythm Link

2. $teve

$teve

MMSYSTEM004 Already in Use
    this error means another program on your computer is already trying to play MIDI sounds.no more than one program cannot play MIDI sounds simultaneously. Try closing all programs before trying use paltalk.

MMSYSTEM007 this out of memory error is refering to memory available to the sound card...........could need a driver update.;)

3. Rhythm Link

Hi Steve, thanks for that. I've since discovered that both of these are default errors and you are in fact correct, my sound card driver is missing and I'll be darned if I can find a disc with it on. Got me beat. I have all the discs, as this putie is only about 10mths old. Just don't know what disc it's on and none of them suggest they are the right ones. No clue what to do from this point. I guess another trip to the putie shop. Thanks for the assist, yet again. If you have any clues on this would be much appreciated.

Karen
    Rhythm Link

4. JeanaG

JeanaG

My problem was similar to yours.. except with my kazaa It was working fine then one day out of the blue it stopped playing sound. The audio file will play but no sound comes out. My speakers are turned on and every sound works like on aol and other programs But not Kazaa I am hoping i can fix this problem without having to delete my 500 songs :mad:

5. Rhythm Link

Jeana, it does sound like a similar problem. I'd hazard a guess and say one of your files is missing. Can you not back up the song files in some way first, or download them to disc or something?? Hope you find a resolution without losing all.

Karen
    Rhythm Link

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice