1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marcie, Feb 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Marcie

Marcie Thread Starter

I just setup a new hardrive in a gateway system.....okay, I have the correct sound driver installed for this system ( I downloaded it from the Gateway Update Site) so I know it is the correct one.
    The problem is that I have sound only on certain programs..My Media player has NO Sound at all, and gives me a message that My sound card may not be installed or may be used by another program...Everything else has sound, but my media player and a game (that I am not worried about).
    I really need to get sound to work on my media player. I have the Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 Series. I have tried everything that Microsoft has suggested and still no sound..I am at my wits end here...gonna pull out my hair in a minute or so...HELP!!!

2. Rockn

Rockn

What OS are you running? Look in device manager first to determine if there are any conflicts and we can go from there.

3. Marcie

Marcie Thread Starter

Windows 98SE..and there are no conflicts in Device Mananger.
    I have sound in the computer, my sound theme plays in windows.

4. p51

p51

I had a pc that had similar problems with Media Player 7. To correct the problem, we went into CONTROL PANEL>MULTIMEDIA>AUDIO tab>Advanced Properties (Playback), Performance Tab, then take the Hardware Acceleration slide bar back one notch. It worked for us.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice