1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alastes, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alastes

Alastes Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for reading. I purchased my computer a few years ago, and for the entire time I have had it I have had problems with the sound, but never really did anything to fix it. (I guess i'm just lazy). The problem is that occasionally the sound will just stop, specifically when I am playing games. If I alt-tab out of the game or something, it will usually come back on. It just sort of cuts in and out. Before I go any further, i'll give you some info on my sound card and such. (Forgive me if I don't give enough or something, or not even the right thing, i'm rather newbish on how this stuff works :) I'm getting this info out of the System file in Control Panel, under Device Manager and in the Sound, video and game controllers part.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio

Under the Resources tab I have:

Interupt Request 10

Input/Output Range 2800 - 28FF
    Input/Output Range 2050 - 2053
    Input/Output Range 2054 - 2057

Not sure what other info I need to give. Anyhow, what prompted me to go ahead and write this post was that I was trying to get the digital audio to work on a game I installed. It's an older game from 1998. Normally I do not have problems with getting sound to work, and I just choose Soundblaster or whatever works from the setup for games and everything goes smoothly. Well, I can't get any of the cards listed on there to work, and so I went to the FAQ guide for the game and it told me to go in to the resources part of the card and copy down the IR, DMA, and the Input/Output stuff and use those settings on whatever I pick from the list of stuff in the setup. Kind of getting off subject here. Really, what I want to know, is if I can do anything to get the sound to stop cutting out at times, and how would I go about making it easier to get sound to work period on software, mainly games? Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119255

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice