Sound Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gjaxx

Greetings all,

I have (or don't, is more to the point) C-Media AC97 on-board sound.
Before you suggest it, getting hold of the tech support there is, so far, nigh on impossible.

Messing about (I know, I should know better) after loss of sound in HL2 Deathmatch, in which the Realtek AC97 driver was installed in error, I'm now up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

After un-installing the Realtek and re-installing the C-Media, Still no sound.
Going to Sound and Audio Devices in Control Panel, and opening the Audio applet, the Sound playback default device is Replay Radio driver, which was a demo recorder I un-installed months ago. There are no other devices listed and the volume and advanced buttons are greyed out.

In the Hardware applet, checking the properties of the C-Media audio device, I now have a window with 3 applets...General, Properties and Driver.

in General applet it says the device is working properly.
in Properties applet I am presented with 3 devices...Audio, Midi and Mixer.

Opening any of them and checking properties it says:-

What I need to know is how to get rid of the replay radio driver and start the C-Media driver. :confused:

Device Manager by the way reports everything as being hunky-dory, with C-Media enabled and working properly.

Any help or insight (minus comments about my stupidity lol) would be very much appreciated.

Regards Gerry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online