Sound Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rubeckf

Ruth
I'm not sure what's going on. I was trying to help a friend get her sound to work. She has a HP fairly new computer. The sound on the board died 3 or 4 mo ago and I installed an agp card for her. Since then it has worked ok. I checked everything out yesterday. The tests I ran says the sound is working ok. I checked to make sure nothing was on mute etc., and that she had everything connected correctly on the computer. Now I don't know where to go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Fairly new ???? .... Still in warranty ?
Is sound coming out of the Mobo's Audio output connector ??

rubeckf

Ruth
no, it's not under warranty. I think it's a couple yrs old or maybe 3. No, there is no sound from the mobo. I installed a sound card for her several months ago because the sound on the mobo went bad. I disabled the on board audio in the BIOS at that time also.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online