sound problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dpesl

I have a compaq 5360, 450 amd processor & 192
megs of ram. when i play songs on musicmatch jukebox or winamp the songs seem to freeze for
a second, it does this mostly when i try to
open other windows, but sometimes when just
playing songs. it's not the songs & i have tryed
closing most of the apps in the system tray.
the os is windows 98. any replies appreciated.

I believe the freezing (just for a sec) on the songs is normal when you close or open an application. I had a compaq 5340 400Mhz K6 before and went through the same thing.

Go to start/run/msconfig/startup tab and uncheck everything except System Tray, Scanreg, and you keyboard if applicable.... Then reboot to allow the settings to take, and try the music out. See if it still does it.... This is only for a test, you can go back to msconfig and turn some stuff back on later.......

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online