Sound problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Drummo27

Curly one!!!
In the last week for some unknown reason my sound has been playing up. After playing any game for 15mins or so the sound either distorts or stops working. If I exit the game I have scratchy or no sound for all programs. A reboot fixes the problem and away I go again. I have tried every driver I can think of, even reinstalled the chipset drivers but no luck. Any suggestions?

Usually a voltage problem on the card
You could try blowing out all dust internally and check the connections.

Thanks,

But still a sound card built into your motherboard.

I'd still go for the blow all the dust out - it'll probably fix it. (Heat and voltage issue)

Drummo27

You might have a point. I've just installed a new video card which is double slot and runs hotter than my last card.

Due to your Video Card (That you stated you just mounted)

You may be causing extra heat on your motherboard

Therefore you may need to install another internal fan, or somehow cool down the box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online