1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Gloomzy, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gloomzy

Gloomzy Thread Starter

Hi
    I recently installed Windows XP SP2 via Bootcamp on my mac to play LoL, and I've been having all round problems with sound. At first everything was fine, but a few days ago I lost sound on every program but Skype (i.e. Chrome, LoL, VLC, also Windows' sound itself). This persisted when I quit Skype, and so I system reset, a temporary fix, but the problem is back again. I reupdated all my Boot camp drivers, and sound is working absolutely fine from skype but still nothing else. Sound is also fine on my Mac partition. I am using both an external headset and my internal mac speakers, with what I assume are the right drivers.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Gloomzy

Gloomzy Thread Starter

updating: skype uninstalled and problem still the same

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977264

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice