1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ginnywinnieb, Dec 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ginnywinnieb

ginnywinnieb Thread Starter

I have a thinkpad 760cd with a mwave audio and modem card.
    Is there anyone familiar with this and if so could you please help me with it. I have gone to Ibm website and downloaded fixes for this but you have to extract in ms dos and I do not have a floppy drive to extract to a floppy disk. I have all of them downloaded on a cd and want to put them on my hard drive. Any ideas anyone.
    Thanks

2. deuce

deuce

What are you trying to fix?

3. ginnywinnieb

ginnywinnieb Thread Starter

I am trying to fix my sound card. I am getting an error message stating that you need to install a sound card to hear your videos. This particular laptop by ibm comes installed with an mwave sound device but it is not reading it. I have gone to ibm and downloaded fixes for this, but they are only extractable files in ms dos. I do not have a floppy drive and have everything saved on a cd. When I go to extract the files, it asks me to insert a floppy in the drive. Is there another way for me to extract these files.

4. deuce

deuce

There should be--can you manually tell it where you want to extract to? What program are you using to unzip? The one that comes with windows? Have you tried reinstalling sound drivers?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice