Solved Sound quits after 1st video

Allewyn

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190930090947.000000-420
Processor: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 48 Stepping 1, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 417 GB (337 GB Free); E: 1831 GB (1757 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO Bantry CRB, ver SDK0J40709 WIN, s/n R302BZKN
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 1380, s/n R302BZKN
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
--------------------
It's the weirdest thing. When I first start my computer and begin playing videos, the first one plays video and audio fine. From then on I have no audio. I have updated Realtek drivers, tried every sound setting I can think of in Control/Sounds, to no avail. If I turn off my computer and back on, the first video has sound, then nothing. I must be missing a switch somewhere right?

Oddba11

Jim
Streaming video or actual files stored on the computer?
Which Media Player?
Have you tried a different media player?
Manually selecting the videos or from a playlist?

Allewyn

Hi!
1. streaming youtube
2. the youtube player
3. I have used the youtube player and vlc - neither have audio
4. playlist and selected
I even replaced the speakers and plugged the new speakers into the back of my computer
Hope this helps

Oddba11

Jim
If you go into the Sound Control Panel and perform a test, do you get any audio?

Allewyn

Yes both speakers seem to work but not when playing video. And I did move back from a gtx750ti to onboard A10 gpu, if that makes any difference

Oddba11

Jim
If the test is working, then you have confirmed the audio subsystem (ie: audio chipset, drivers, and Windows access to audio) is working.

Which would seem to indicate that it's a software issue of some sort.

1. "Streaming" would typically indicate a browser issue. Test using a different browser.
2. I've not used "YouTube Player", and honestly hadn't heard of it until this topic.
3. Your test with VLC, was that before or after the audio stopped?
4. And just to clarify. If you use a playlist, after the first title ends, the second has no audio. In addition, if you play a local file, after it ends and a second local file is selected, it has no audio?

Allewyn

I reset audio in the BIOS and have sound now. Thanks everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online