1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Recorder error: "Another application is recording audio..." -What's wrong here?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MementoNoir, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MementoNoir

MementoNoir Thread Starter

I posted this in the Multimedia folder, but I don't know if it really belongs there or not, so please delete the other one for me. I don't seem to be able to myself.

Here is the full error when I try to record:

"Another application is recording audio. Stop recording with this other application and then try to record with Sound Recorder again." I have turned off all of the start up programs, restarted my computer, and even uninstalled TotalRecorder, which I thought was causing the problem.

I have tried to use Audio Audicity to record as well, but I get an error message there also, so something is really screwing everything up for me.

I've been trying all night to figure this out on my own, but I just cant solve the problem. Please help me figure this one out, thanks!

2. jargonize

jargonize

some trojans and spyware like to hide in those extra programs, recorder, narrator. get some scans. and/look in task manager to see what runing.

3. MementoNoir

MementoNoir Thread Starter

I still haven't been able to fix this, even with scans...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!