Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sound Recorder Runs 1.5 hours, but shows a 6 hr recording

972 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  kenbok51 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone knows something I don't that may contribute to additional ideas leading to the answer (that spark we all sometimes need!), or have a direct answer, to why this could occur:

I left the house at 4:55 PM with Sound Recorder running.

I came back to the house at 6:20 PM, unlocked my screen, and sound recorder was still running as expected. At that point I stopped it and saved the file.

However, the resulting file (pretty much silence, except for the sounds of us leaving at 4:55 and coming back at 6:21), was about 6.5 hours.

Other than the possibilities of magic, spiritual realms, or human intervention and some technical ninja wufoo concatenating silent wave files or WTF ever it could be along those lines, is there any reason this could possibly happen? No, I'm not drunk, nor have lost track of time, nor be mistaken.

#2 ·
You might try to reproduce the file size difference by running sound recorder with the screen locked and unlocked for the same amount of time and see if the screen locking is the culprit. I don't think you would have to do it for hours to see a difference though. When you say the resulting file is 6.5 hours, is that by examining the files properties or would it actually play for 6.5 hours instead of 1.5. It's possible that the file is 1.5 hours but the properties are being misrepresented. Do you have the app Media Info installed? It's free and can tell you a lot about a file. And if you click on Debug in the top menu and then Advanced there is even more info shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.