1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound rewally quiet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by danielno8, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Hey, hopefuly this will be easy to sort!!

I have just built this comp so it has never been any other way.It is an ECS K7S5A Mobo, it has on-board sound and when i listen to music through headphones it is really really quiet.i have turned the volume up on all the bits i can find but it doesnt make any differance really!!

Any ideas??

Thanks

Daniel

P.s Win 2000,Athlon XP 2000

2. n2gun

n2gun

unfortunately most boards with built in sound do NOT have much audio output. The best thing is to get a set of speakers with a built in amplifier. If you want to use headphones, get a set that has a headphone plug.

3. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Ok thanks. Was hopin that wouldnt be the case.....guess i'll just have to invest in a decent Sound Card!!!

Thanks for the reply

Daniel

4. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Are you sure you have the headphones plugged in the correct jack? Even unamplified it should be loud enough to hear.

I believe its the green one on the left.

5. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

Ye its definately in the right bit.Its not that i cant hear it,just that its REALLY quiet!!!

Thanks

Daniel

6. roosterman

roosterman

i could be wrong, but i believe that board needs to have the audio drivers installed.

have you installed them yet??

roosterman

7. danielno8

danielno8 Thread Starter

ye i did.I also downloaded some from the website to see if changing them made a difference.But nope!!!I only could install the audio codec bit, not the rest under the sound video game port heading in device manager.

Thanks again for the reply....

If you have any more ideas let me know!!

Thanks

Daniel

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice