1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound skipping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Takoma, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takoma

Takoma Thread Starter

Often the sound on my computer skips for half a second (kind of replays the same sound it was on for several times in that instant) then continues normally. I don't really have any clue why.

Also when ever the sound skips on several games (World Of Warcraft and Counter Strike: Source are the ones that I can think of) their frames per second speed up or slow down drastically.

By the way it is a laptop and I get the skipping using the onboard speakers or headphones plugged in.

2. kmaat

kmaat

Hi.
    I'm having the same problem, after installing a new sound card.
    If you haven't found it already, you might want to take a look at this:
    http://forums.techguy.org/search.php?searchid=584740
    It's the result from a search on "sound card skipping" in the hardware forum.
    hopefully it will solve the problem for both us. :)

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I have that issue with this system, and I found out that SpeedFan reading the motherboard sensors was the cause for me. The Asus motherboard monitor did the same thing. I eliminated any motherboard monitors, and the problem is gone.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice