1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound stopped after removing mic input

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nekros729, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nekros729

nekros729 Thread Starter

Ok I was looking for a program to record my guitar on my computer and I found a program called kristal. I installed it, didn't like it and then unplugged the cord that was going into the sound card so I could get a better one and not get all the fuzz that came into the recordings. When I replugged the cord back in the audio had just stopped working the mic input doesn't take any thing and there is no sound output period.

I uninstalled the drivers and then reinstalled them. But nothing is helping anybody have any idea what happened. I have a GeForce6100SM-M2 motherboard and I am using the onboard audio.

PS. I also tried using the speakers with my ipod and they are working fine.

2. nekros729

nekros729 Thread Starter

Another thing, I get no errors everything plays but no sound comes out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753532

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice