1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound stopped on xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by techdrake, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. techdrake

techdrake Thread Starter

Ok i just bought new computer less than 2 months ago 1 day i was on paltalk then i tried to listen to a song on a diferent program then my speakers stopped working.i started getting no sound,i tried using diferent speakers and headphones nothing worked i looked at my hardware and it said the device was working properly what is wrong? how do i fix it:confused: :confused: :mad:

2. ldcxd36

ldcxd36

you may wanna try removing it under the Hardware Profile. Then restarting the computer and letting windows seek it out as new hardware found.

Certain cheaper types of Sound Cards will often stop working due to the cheap generic parts used.

Try deleting the sound card from the hardware profiles and reboot..it should find it and reinstall the software

3. mcse72

mcse72

You can try a couple of things. First double click the speaker icon in the lower right corner by the clock and make sure mute is not checked or the volume bar is not lowered all the way down. Make sure your speakers are pluggged into the "audio out" port. You can also go to the sounds option in control panel and under the audio tab make sure your sound card is listed under playback. If not click the drop down arrow and choose it. Is this an actual sound card or is it onboard audio?

4. mobo

mobo

If you have the driver disk the remove multimedia audio from device manager and reboot as previously recomended

5. techdrake

techdrake Thread Starter

how do u remove hardware?

6. mobo

mobo

Right click it in device manager and select remove or delete.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!