1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Chvol, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chvol

Chvol Thread Starter

Hello tech guy forums, I've just recently had a problem with my ASUS G50v laptop computer where the fan has been making some nasty grinding noises, and was looking like it might stop working. So I opened up the bottom of the computer and poked at the fan with a vacuum, trying to see if there was some dust I could remove. I made sure to not mess with any of the other parts of the computer, and it did not seem like there was much dust on the fan, so I just closed the computer up again. Looks like I need to replace the fan.

However, when I turned the comp back on, the time on the computer was way off, saying it was 2009 and 4 in the morning instead of 5 in the afternoon and 2010. Also, far more problematic, I now have no sound, despite the system telling me that my sound is working. I tried downloading the latest driver off ASUS' website, and installing it, but it did not fix my new problem of no sound. If anybody knows what might be going on here, I'd be very happy to hear from you.
    Thanks

Edit: I should probably also mention that, when I click on the volume adjuster button at the bottom right of the start bar, if I have a song or something going it definitely recognizes that there SHOULD be sound because the little green bar is bouncing up and down. There just isn't any actually coming out. I have tried using the built in audio from my laptop as well as my brand new headset, neither of which get anything.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970270

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice