1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound stops working periodically on laptop. Windows issue?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JakeW, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeW

JakeW Thread Starter

Hi!

I have until Feb 28/tomorrow to return this laptop for my money back so I'd be so happy to have this sorted out quickly.

Today the sound started cutting out randomly:eek:Seems random to me at least. When it does this, I check the mixer and it registers no sound on the vertical adjuster. Simultaneously, when I try to play youtube videos they will start ( or start and restart) and then stop, showing an error message. Sometimes video works but no sound. For a minute I was told I had no internet connection. And then I leave it alone for a while, try again, and voila, the sound has returned. Ech! What could be causing this?

The laptop is an Asus Q550 LF and I really like it otherwise so I hope it gets it's act together. I am not downloading torrents/p2p etc and running plenty of security ( Malwarebytes, CC Cleaner, McAffee ). My internet is 9mbs shared with another laptop

Because there is such a time crunch on evaluating this machine I am asking as well in Software and Hardware. Hopefully that is ok with Tech Guy. Thanks so much anyone that might have suggestions!(y)(y)

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice