1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound Trouble.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by crazy_yossarian, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crazy_yossarian

crazy_yossarian Thread Starter

Need help with Voice Chat.

yesterday, i got a new CPU n mobo n ram. The new mobo has onboard sound.

I used headsets. I can listen to music very well... i tested the mic with the Windows sound recorder. It is working fine...

But only when i try voice chat on yahoo messenger, windows live or Gtalk, it doesnt work... its not like it does not work at all, but i get strange sounds... the mic n volume controls on the chat window show activity, but no legible sound at all... the opposite person cant hear anything either.

I have tried reinstalling the sound drivers, no luck.

2. gurutech

gurutech

sounds like your IM apps aren't configured correctly. If you can hear sound from other apps (Media Player, etc...),. then your sound drivers aren't the problem.

I would try reinstalling the IM programs to see if that fixes the problem, or check the settings to make sure they are pointing to the correct sound device.

3. crazy_yossarian

crazy_yossarian Thread Starter

tried reinstalling Windows Live... doesnt work still? wht next?

4. jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

I had that kind of problem with XP working and Vista not. I believe it's a driver issue that needs to be addressed. btw, I don't use vista anymore.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice